ARTICLE I NAME
This Chapter shall be named SUN SEEKERS RV CLUB.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The purpose of the SUN SEEKERS RV Club shall be the promotion of good fellowship and enjoyment at regularly scheduled or specifically planned gatherings of SUN SEEKERS with or without our recreational vehicles.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP AND DEFINITIONS
A Regular Member must be an owner of a recreational vehicle. A maximum of two members per recreational vehicle shall be considered as members. A recreational vehicle is described as a fully self-contained hard sided pull trailer, fifth wheel trailer or motor home of at least 24 foot length. Tent trailers, fold down trailers or pickup campers cannot be considered for membership in the club. A regular member who does not own an “ALFA” Recreational Vehicle may not attend the ALFA annual Rally. This is per the ALFA Rally Oversight Committee rules.
A social member is a former regular member who wishes to remain in contact with the club, but they are not able to attend outings with their RV or they no longer own an RV. They are welcome to attend all SUN SEEKER RV Club activities, and are required to pay Annual Chapter Dues as that of a regular member. They may not hold office or attend the ALFA annual Rally.
Deletions or Probationer Memberships -
A member may be dropped from the SUN SEEKERS RV Club for the following reasons:
1. Dues are delinquent after September 30th of each year.
2. Causing a disturbance or not complying with park rules, if such actions recur after a warning from the Wagonmaster. A warning from the Wagonmasters will put the member(s) on probation. Additional infractions will be reported to the president whom will, upon conferring with the other officers, inform the members that they are no longer welcome in the SUN SEEKER RV Club.
ARTICLE IV DUES AND FEES
Annual dues will be $25.00 per recreational vehicle per year to be due September 1st of each year. A new member joining the SUN SEEKERS RV Club on or after March 1st will pay one-half the annual dues until September 1st of that year. Dues are delinquent on September 30. The President will drop a member after Sept. 30th.
Other than site fees, there will be a $20.00 per person, per Outing Wagonmaster Fee. The Wagonmaster Fee is non-refundable.
In addition, new members will pay a one time $10.00 application fee. This is to defer the cost of new member packets and temporary name badges.
ARTICLE V MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
ALFA Recreational Vehicle Owners:
New applicants who wish to become members of SUN SEEKERS RV Club need only fill out a membership application form and accompany it with the applicable dues and the new member fee.
SOME OTHER BRAND Recreational Vehicle Owners:
New applicants who wish to become members of SUN SEEKERS RV Club must be sponsored by a current member in good standing. Both the sponsor and the new applicant(s) must sign the membership application form and attach it along with the applicable dues and the new member fee.
ARTICLE VI CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION/VOTING
Any decisions for the good of the Chapter will be accomplished by simple majority vote of Members of the SUN SEEKERS RV Club present at a regularly scheduled or specially planned activity. A quorum of 25% of the regular members of the SUN SEEKERS RV CLUB need to be present to validate any vote.
If the president determines an emergency exists, he/she may call for a vote by e-mail/mail to temporarily resolve an issue. The results shall be validated at the next regularly scheduled meeting where a quorum exists. If a quorum has not been reached within 12 months from the date of the emergency e-mail/mail vote, the results become final.
ARTICLE VII OFFICERS
The election of officers shall be held at the Outing immediately preceding the September Outing, and the duly elected officers will assume their duties at the September Outing. A two-year term will be in effect for all officers.
Nominations will be taken from the Nominating Committee and from the floor. Nominations may be made to the Committee prior to the subject outing.
Officers shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Representative to the ALFA Rally Oversight Committee.
The President should not be a Representative to the ALFA Rally Oversight Committee. It is suggested that a member hold only one office position at a time. An alternate as Representative to the ALFA Rally Oversight Committee will be selected by the President when/if needed.
ARTICLE VIII DUTIES OF OFFICE
PRESIDENT – Shall conduct all meetings of the membership at each Outing; shall appoint Committee Chairman as deemed necessary for the good of the SUN SEEKER RV Club; shall attend to all administrative matters of the SUN SEEKER RV Club; shall serve as Wagonmaster for the SUN SEEKER RV Club at the ALFA Annual Rally. If the president owns a recreational vehicle of some other brand, he/she will not be eligible to attend the Alfa Annual Rally, and thus should appoint a replacement as Wagonmaster for the Sun Seekers at the Alfa Annual Rally.
VICE-PRESIDENT – Shall assume all the duties of the President in his/her absence; shall assist the President in accomplishing any special assignment he/she may make for the good of the SUN SEEKERS RV Club; is responsible for the coordination and assignment of Wagonmasters for outings; is responsible for the sale and re-ordering of all SUN SEEKER items and maintaining an inventory of these items. An inventory report will be presented at each business meeting. The inventory does not include customized SUN SEEKER Clothing which is ordered by members individually. It does include the premade rally vests. The Vice President shall transfer all records of future outings and inventory, in good order, to the newly elected Vice President.
SECRETARY – shall act as scribe at all meetings; shall write and mail all correspondence according to the President’s instructions; shall read the minutes of the previous meeting and other important incoming correspondence; shall transfer these records in good order to the newly elected Secretary.
TREASURER – Shall receive and disburse SUN SEEKER RV Club funds and purchase necessary supplies, with the interests of the Club and by the President’s instructions; shall furnish a financial statement at meetings; shall have the Treasurer’s reports and records in good order to be available to the Audit Committee before being transferred to the newly elected Treasurer.
REPRESENTATIVE TO THE ALFA RALLY OVERSIGHTCOMMITTEE - This representative must be a ALFA recreational vehicle owner. The representative will attend and represent the SUN SEEKER chapter at ALFA Rally Oversight Committee meetings.
ARTICLE IX COMMITTEES AND DUTIES
Committees shall be:
1. Nomination- Shall be appointed by the President; shall obtain names of persons who will agree to accept nomination, shall submit names of nominees to the President prior to election; shall conduct the election and then give elected names to the President who will make announcements.
2. Audit - Shall be appointed by the President; shall audit financial records kept by the Treasurer. Upon being satisfied that the records are in good order, the committee shall present a signed report to the President before transferring the records to the newly elected Treasurer.
3. Kangaroo Court – The President shall appoint a different sheriff and judge for each Outing. The sheriff will keep a record of transgressions and will bring them verbally to the judge’s attention during kangaroo court. The judge will then dispense “justice”.
4. Ad Hoc – As needed
ARTICLE X ACTIVITIES
1. The Wagonmaster is in-charge of each Outing. They are responsible for the dates and location of the Outing. The activities are at the discretion of the Wagonmaster. The Wagonmasters are to inform the President, during an outing, or activity, if any attendee has failed to submit a signed Hold Harmless Clause, an outing registration form and/or the Wagonmasters fee.
2. There shall be a minimum of three camping type outings per year. Camping type outings may not be less than two consecutive nights and not more than seven consecutive nights.
3. A single event outing may be a dinner at a selected location, or other activity at the Wagonmasters discretion.
4. Guests may attend SUN SEEKER Outings on a space available basis and after all members have had an opportunity to register for the Outing. Only one ‘Guest RV’ per member each year. They can bring different guests, but not the same one repeatedly. They are subject to the same Wagonmaster fee and camping fees as the regular member.
5. Only Regular Members who have an ALFA Recreational Vehicle may attend the ALFA Annual Rally. This regulation was set forth by the ALFA Rally Oversight Committee.
ARTICLE XI SPECIAL FINANCIAL DISBURSEMENTS
1. MEMORIAL DONATION - In the event of the death of a member-in-good standing [current on dues], the SUN SEEKERS will make a $100.00 donation in the name of the deceased, to a charity chosen by the surviving spouse.
2. NEWSLETTER ADVANCE - There will be a $300.00 advance paid to the Newsletter Editor for Newsletter mailings, on a continual renewal basis of these funds up to, but no more than $300.00 per request. Records of expenditures and receipts will be submitted to the Audit Committee, for review, at the time that the Treasurer’s records are submitted, or at the time that a new newsletter editor is selected.
3. RALLY BASKET - The SUN SEEKERS Treasury is to provide $75.00 toward the SUN SEEKERS annual Rally Basket each year.
4. WAGONMASTERS REIMBURSEMENT - The SUN SEEKERS Treasury is to provide a total of $50.00 to defray the Wagonmasters personal expenses of a camping type outing. Wagonmasters shall decide how to share the $50.00.
ARTICLE XII HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE
All attendees of Chapter activities must sign and return to the Wagonmasters a signed and dated HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE form as follows:
HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE
We agree that we will not hold SUN SEEKERS RV CLUB, or any officers or Wagonmasters responsible for any personal injury of any kind, which we or any member of the family may suffer during the outing. This agreement applies regardless of the cause of the injury, and includes, without limiting it, whether said injury was caused by a condition of the premises, any club member or any other person. We make this agreement in consideration of the expenses in which SUN SEEKERS RV Club incur by holding the outing for our benefit and recognize that in signing this paper we may be waiving a legal right to recover damages.
_____________________________ ______________________________ Signature Date Signature Date
ARTICLE XIII: BY-LAWS REVIEW
1. The by-laws shall be reviewed when needed by the Executive Board. The President shall submit them with changes to the general membership for review and final approval.
2. The President shall present the by-laws to the general membership one-outing prior to the vote of approval.
Secretary, SUN SEEKERS RV CLUB